Effective as of January 1, 2017
Notice of Privacy Practices
Remedly’s Commitment to Your Privacy
Remedly is dedicated to maintaining the privacy of your personally identifiable information, including your protected health information (collectively, "PII"). PII includes information about you that may be used to identify you (such as your name or address) and that relates to (a) your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition, (b) the provision of health care to you or (c) your past, present or future payment for the provision of health care. In conducting its business, Remedly may receive and create records containing your PII. Remedly is required by law to maintain the privacy of your PII and to provide you with notice of its legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your PII.
Please note: The laws and regulations in different countries impose different (and even conflicting) requirements on the Internet and data protection. The servers that make the Website available worldwide are located in the United States. All matters relating to the Website are governed by the laws of the state of California, without reference to its conflicts of law rules that would result in the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. Please note that any information you provide will be transferred to the United States, and by using the Website or providing Remedly your PII, you authorize this transfer.
When Remedly collects PII directly from you, it follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the submitted PII and meets HIPAA privacy standards. Remedly uses firewall barriers, SSL 256-bit high-grade encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your online session and to protect user accounts and systems from unauthorized access. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. If you have any questions about security on the Website, you can contact Remedly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Remedly collects the following PII:
1. Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
2. Health or medical information
Remedly fully complies with the privacy provisions of the United States federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA"). Remedly's staff, employees and agents receive training concerning Remedly's confidentiality and privacy policies. Remedly and its employees will use PII only as necessary to provide care or for other authorized, legitimate reasons that are compliant with HIPAA.
The primary reason Remedly collects PII is in connection with the services offered by the healthcare provider through Remedly Site. Access to your PII will be limited to those employees and authorized agents of Remedly who need this information in order to provide secure services. You agree to supply Remedly's employees and authorized agents with all necessary PII.
Remedly may use and disclose your PII in the following ways:
1. Treatment, Payment and Health Care Operations. Remedly is permitted to use and disclose your PII for purposes of treatment, payment and health care operations.
2. Authorization. Remedly is permitted to use and disclose your PII upon your written authorization, to the extent such use or disclosure is consistent with your authorization. You may revoke any such authorization at any time.
3. As Required by Law. Remedly may use and disclose your PII to the extent required by law.
Additionally, Remedly may use and disclose your PII as follows:
1. To analyze usage of the Website and improve the services provided through the Website (the "Services").
2. To deliver to you any administrative notices or alerts and communications relevant to your use of the Services.
3. In connection with fulfilling your requests for certain products and Services.
4. For market research and project planning.
5. To troubleshoot problems with the Website.
6. To respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process.
8. In an emergency, to protect the health and safety of the Website’s users or the general public.
9. As otherwise required by law.
When you visit the Website, Remedly may collect technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited and average time spent on the Website. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve web design and functionality.
Rights to PII
You have a right to:
1. View your medical records. You can access your medical records that have been provided to Remedly within 30 days of your request to do so. You can view your medical records at any time by accessing your account online.
2. Inspect and copy your PII. You must submit your request to inspect or copy your PII online to Remedly. Remedly may impose a fee for the costs of copying, mailing, labor and supplies associated with your request. Remedly may deny your request to inspect and/or copy your PII in certain limited circumstances. If that occurs, Remedly will inform you of the reason for the denial, and you may request a review of the denial.
3. Amend your PII. If you believe your file is incomplete or incorrect, you can request that Remedly amend your PII. Remedly may, under certain circumstances, deny your request. If that occurs, you have the right to submit a statement of disagreement for inclusion in your records.
4. Accounting and disclosures. You always have the decision whether or not to give permission for your PII to be shared before it is used or shared. Your chosen health professionals, i.e., primary care physicians or dermatologists that use the Service are prohibited from using or sharing your personally identifiable medical records for any purposes that are not part of normal, routine health care processes. You have the right to receive an accounting of all disclosures Remedly has made of your PII. Accordingly, upon request, Remedly will provide you a notice that tells you how your PII has been used and shared. Remedly may charge you for the costs involved in fulfilling any request.
5. Complaint. You may complain to Remedly and to the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services if you believe that your privacy rights have been violated.
The Website may include cookies. Cookies are text files that are placed on your computer to store your preferences or for other record-keeping purposes. Cookies and other user tracking mechanisms (e.g., local shared objects), by themselves, do not tell Remedly your email address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to Remedly by, for example, registering on the Website. However, once you choose to furnish Remedly with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie or other tracking mechanism.
Remedly may also use other standard Internet technologies, such as web beacons and similar technologies, to track your use of the Website or to track your response to email messages that Remedly sends you in connection with the Website. Web beacons (sometimes called transparent GIFs, clear GIFs or web bugs) are small strings of code that provide a way for Remedly to deliver a small graphic image (usually invisible) on a web page or in an email. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies, the time and date a page is viewed and a description of the page where the web beacon is placed. Remedly may use web beacons to improve your experience on the Website, including to provide you with content customized to your interests and to understand whether users read email messages and click on links contained within those messages so that the Website can deliver relevant content. Remedly's web beacons may collect some contact information (for example, the email address associated with an email message that contains a web beacon). The Website also may include third-party web beacons so that these third parties may receive auditing, research and reporting information about advertisements viewed on the Website.
The features, services and other aspects of the Website requiring the submission of personally identifiable information are not intended for anyone under 18 years of age. Remedly does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 other than information on minors submitted on their behalf by their parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or guardian of a minor under the age of 18 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to Remedly please contact us at email@example.com. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18 may review and request deletion of such minor's personally identifiable information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
Changes to Your Personal Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire to use the Services, you may update your profile by making the change on your Account Information page. If you wish to deactivate your account, please contact Remedly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection of Information by Third Parties
Additionally, the Website may contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites' privacy notices, as Remedly have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
The Website may contain third party advertisements or offers that are complementary to your use of the Website that may be custom matched to you based on information you provided through the Website, queries made through the Website or other information. If you choose to use these separate products or services, disclose information to the providers or grant them permission to collect information about you, then their use of your information is governed by their privacy policies. You should evaluate their practices before deciding to use their services.
REMEDLY DOES NOT CONTROL AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT THIRD PARTIES DO IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR WEBSITES OR HOW THEY HANDLE YOUR PII. PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION AND CONSULT THE PRIVACY POLICIES POSTED ON EACH THIRD PARTY WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
Remedly may use third party service providers to help it analyze certain online activities. For example, these service providers may help Remedly measure the performance of its online promotions or determine Website activity. Remedly does not share any personally identifiable information about its users with these third parties, and these third parties do not collect such information on Remedly's behalf.